- Turn off your mobile phone before crossing the border with another state and turn it on upon arrival to the territory of another country
- Network search is performed in manual or automatic mode
- Usually the default is automatic search mode
- When the mobile phone has registered in the network (either the name of the local operator, or its network code, or both appeared on the display of the device), you can make and answer calls
- We recommend that you do not drop incoming calls while roaming, since a connection may occur, which means that such a call will have to be paid for. To make a call within the host country or to any city in the world, dial the number in the international format: + – country code – city code – subscriber number or + – country code – mobile network code – subscriber number
- Incoming calls in roaming are paid.
- All incoming and outgoing calls in roaming are charged by 1 minute.
- To make calls in roaming, the “International Calls” service must be activated.
- In the border territories of Belarus, it is possible to register a telephone in the network of an operator being the company’s roaming partner, if the automatic network selection mode is set in the telephone settings. This can happen if the signal of the base station of a foreign operator is strong enough to receive and make calls. As a result, all such calls will be calculated according to the tariffs of the “International Roaming” service.
- The company is not responsible for the quality and coverage area of roaming partner operators. Unitary Enterprise А1 cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the presence or correct identification of the calling subscriber's number in connection with the possible use of analog types of signaling, Internet telephony or number substitution technology on international communication networks, because these processes go beyond the legal framework for the control of international traffic by mobile operators.
- When connecting the “International Roaming” service, a prohibition is automatically set on the use of all types of subscriber call forwarding in roaming, on the use of the conference call and call hold services. The prohibition does not apply to unconditional forwarding. To restore the operation of call forwarding in roaming, use the USSD request (within the Republic of Belarus) *117# call.
- Funds are debited by the company for communication services rendered to a subscriber in roaming as soon as information is received from foreign operators. In connection with this circumstance, the final amount for payment may be issued some time after the subscriber has actually used these services (up to 30 days). In this case, there may be a sharp change in the balance of the client’s account. A similar principle of debiting money for roaming connections is used by most communication operators.
To reduce charges for Internet traffic in roaming, before traveling outside Belarus, we recommend making sure of the following:
- the phone settings for working with MMS and Mobile Internet services are correct;
- applications that operate in automatic mode (for example, the e-mail client), are disabled or switched to “on demand” mode;
- when accessing Internet resources, as well as receiving/sending MMS, your phone uses the access points corresponding to the specified services.
Also, in the MMS settings, you can disable "Automatic reception" or "Always receive" and set "Manual reception" or "Receive on request". In this case, before downloading MMS, the phone will make a request to receive MMS and will download it only after confirmation. If you select the "Do not receive" option in the MMS settings, the phone will not download incoming MMS.
You can find out the cost of connections in roaming on a special page of the website.
The service is available in the networks of foreign operators with which A1 has corresponding agreements.
You can find out the list of operators here.
USSD in roaming works in the networks of those operators that support this technology.
In roaming, A1 subscribers cannot send SMS and MMS to short numbers, to information numbers, numbers of SMS/MMS services.
A detailed subscriber memo can be found here. If, after reading this memo, you still have any questions, be sure to clarify all the nuances you are interested in with the specialists of the information service at a single number 150 (without charging a fee from mobile and landline numbers), 7100 (from A1 mobile - 0.03 rubles), or at the office of the company.
The service is available to all subscribers of A1.
The service can be connected/disabled in one of the following ways:
- USSD request *141*3*2# call;
- My A1;
- Personal account;
- On the basis of a standard application sent through the А1 Belarus community in Viber or to the e-mail address legal@A1.by;
- On the basis of a standard application in A1 branded sales and service centers, in the office of official agents upon presentation of an identity document, as well as:
- when the head applies: a document confirming the powers of the head;
- when a proxy applies: a power of attorney for representing the interests of a legal entity.