А1 continues setting up cycle rack parks across Belarus –and not only in Minsk
This summer A1 continues setting up cycle rack parks in large cities and small towns across Belarus. There are nine new parking areas for eco transport equipped in Minsk. Another three appeared in Mogilev, Gomel and Kalinkovichy.
A1 installed first cycle rack park in Minsk last year in front of the entrance to it’s headquarter as well as by it’s flagship store and Inclusive Coffee shop at A1 at Internatsionalnaya. Thus, A1 in compliance with it’s strategy of ecologic, social and corporate governance (ESG) initiated a project aimed at improvement of urban infrastructure for cyclists and increasing people’s awareness about active life style with comfort and care of the environment.
Now there are another nine cycle rack parks in Minsk that can be found at:
- Logoisky Trakt, 37 (by shopping centre Nord City);
- Nezavisimosti 99 (by Belarusian State Agrarian Technical University);
- ul. Academika Kurchatova, 8 (by Belarusian State University);
- ul. Kalvarijskaya, 21 (by cultural and business quarters K21);
- ul. Kuibisheva, 69 (by Komarovsky market);
- ul. Oktyabrskaya, 10 (by Belarusian State University);
- ul. Oktyabrskaya, 10/2 (by Belarusian State University);
- ul. Oktyabrskaya, 2 (by Belarusian State University);
- ul. Churlenisa, 7 (by Belarusian State University).
A1 cycle rack park appeared in Mogilev by SOS Children Village as well as next to company office in Gomel (pr. Pobedi 21) and in Kalinkovichy (ul. Sovetskaya 124). In years to come similar cycle rack parks will be equipped also in other Belarusian cities.
Ergonomic construction and design was developed together with representatives of cycle movement who proposed to gum the edges of every pole to enable parking of the bicycle on any side without scratching. Besides, every element of the parking is easy to combine in many ways that is why they can easily fit into any area.
From a global perspective setting up cycle rack parks not only will improve bicycle infrastructure of Belarusian cities but also reduce negative environmental impact out of more active usage of eco transport.